Friday, October 11, 2013

"Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1) by Anna Banks

Of Poseidon (Of Poseidon, #1)"Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)" by Anna Banks

Website ~ BlogTwitter ~ Facebook


Published: May 22, 2012
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy
Pages: 324
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Read August 19 to 21, 2013

GoodReads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble






Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...
Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.



I plan on becoming a mermaid when I grow up. If I can't be a mermaid, I'll be a fairy, a unicorn, a Phoenix, or a sylph or something like it.


But sadly, this is the real world, they "don't exist."



But I believe...

So back to the book.

When I first heard about this book, my first thought was "OMG I NEED THIS BOOK IT'S ABOUT MERMAIDS WITH VIOLET EYES!!!!" Those are two of my favorite things. I really liked the friendship between Emma and Chloe, it was so great. I was just surprised that there wasn't too much discussion about Chloe and her family after Chloe died.

I really liked all the characters, especially Rayna and Toraf. Their interaction was so funny but you could still tell that they loved each other. I just pretty much loved everything that happened. It kept me reading and I didn't want to stop. I just wanted to keep going and finish it in one sitting.

The one thing that really bugged me were the point of views. From Emma's point, it was in first person, but from Galen's point of view, it was in third person. It just bugged me. I wanted to read it directly from Galen's eyes.

Emma
She's part human and part Syrena (mermaid). She wasn't that bad. She wasn't the best female character, but she was much better than some. I loved her humor and reading from her point of view. She was great.

Galen
I'm in love. I was just swooning over him the entire time.



I want him to be real so I can find him and make him love me. Syrena.

Rayna
I loved her and all of her attitude. Although she sometimes acted a little childish, I loved how she wasn't afraid to be aggressive. You could tell that she loved Toraf even she pretended to hate him. Syrena.

Toraf
I'm also in love with him. I need to find him, too. I need both him and Galen, then life would be good. Syrena.

Natalie
Emma's mom. We find out that she is Syrena and left the Syrena world to live on land.

Rachel
She is human and Galen saved her from drowning a few years ago and she helps him live on land and try to fit in with the humans. I loved her because she was so funny and completely honest.

Overall, this book is great! I loved pretty much everything about it. I can't wait to the next books!

No comments:

Post a Comment