Monday, November 25, 2013

"Darkness Becomes Her (Gods & Monsters, #1)" by Kelly Keaton

5 out of 5 stars

Read October 20 to 21, 2013

Pages: 273
Published: February 22, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse

I was really sad that I didn't get the edition with the really pretty cover. I loved the face and hair on the other cover. But this cover still looks cool.

I loved Ari. She was so bad-ass and didn't take crap from everyone. She was strong and independent and she knew what she wanted to do. Yet she was also caring and loved her adopted parents.

I thought the plot was great and it made sense to me. Ari trusts her gut through everthing she does. And when she meets Sebastian, he doesn't really distract her. Yes, she's attracted to him, but she still works to what she wants to do.

Ari
I thought she was a great female character. She didn't let a boy distract her and she still worked towards her goal of finding out who she is. I can't wait to see how she grows in the other books.

Sebastian
He was very swoon-worthy. I do love my tall, dark, and handsome boys. I just got really mad at him when Ari's hair gets turned into snakes and he totally freaks out. He doesn't accept her even though Ari accepted him when he said that he was a vampire/warlock.

Violet
She was adorable. She was like a little dark vampire fairy. So cute. I really hope that Ari can save her!

Crank
I also loved her! She is so sassy and independent even though she's young. I can't wait to see how see grows in the books!

Athena
I didn't know that Athena would be so mean. Yes, I have read the story of Athena turning Medusa into a Gorgon. And I couldn't stand her. She punishes Medusa for something that she didn't cause.

Overall, I can't wait to read the rest of the series! I hope to read the next book soon because I can't wait to see what happens! I have high hopes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment