Monday, November 4, 2013

"Die for Me (Revenants, #1)" by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)5 out of 5 stars

Read September 6 to 8, 2013

Pages: 341
Published: May 5, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen

I loved how this book had a pretty different setting than most. A lot of Young Adult books are set in the US, so it was cool that this one was located in Paris, the city of LERVE!!

This book was kinda slow at the beginning. It was sad, though. Kate's parents just died so she had to move to Paris with her older sister to live with their grandparents. So just kinda mopes around d goes to cafes and museums to read. Whereas her sister goes out to crazy parties. To each her own.

Then Kate meets Vincent. I love that name. She thinks he's hot, but she's put off by him. He kind of acts like a dick, so she ignores him. She sees him a few more times. Then stuff happens and they become close. Once Kate gets to know Vincent, she finds out that he's actually a nice guy. Then she finds out that he's a revenant, which is pretty much a zombie.

Georgia, Kate's sister, ends up dating another revenant. But he's a bad guy. There's so crazy fighting and people almost die and I start getting slightly emotional because Kate and Georgia get really close to dying! But everything ends up fine so I'm happy.

Kate
She's the shy and reserved one of the two sisters. She usually thinks things through. It also takes her longer to cope with the fact that her parents are dead. When she meets Vincent and his friends, she starts to become happier. It just wasn't too good for her when she almost died.

Vincent
I swooned over him a lot. I mean, a supernatural, French, hot guy? What's not to love? I think that's all I need to say.

Georgia
She was more carefree and trusting. There's nothing wrong with that, but she almost got killed. But she did choose a bad guy, so maybe she would have been safer if she chose a different guy.

Overall, this book was great! I heard mixed reviews and a lot of comparisons to Twilight, but I didn't really pay attention to the similarities because this book was muh better. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment