Monday, November 25, 2013

"Divergent (Divergent, #1)" by Veronica Roth

Divergent (Divergent, #1)5 out of 5 stars

Read September 15 to 20, 2013

Pages: 496
Published: January 1, 2011
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books

When I started reading this book, I wasn't so sure about it. It sounded great, but I've read a lot of dystopian. But after finding out that it would be made into a movie, I decided that I had to read it. And I'm happy that I made that decision.

This book took so many twists and turns that I was riding on the edge of my seat. There were so many intense scenes that made me so emotional. I think Ms. Roth got some lessons from Ms. Rowling about killing off characters. There were some that I didn't really care that got killed, but a lot of their deaths made me so emotional. Like Albert, Christina's boyfriend (I can't remember his name), and Tris' parents. I feel like I had my heart ripped out, stomped on, then shoved down my throat.





So many feels and I can't handle them! After reading this book, I was on the verge of crying. I was getting teary and I didn't want to start crying because my family would look at me weird.

Tris
She went through so much and I just wanted to hug her! A lot of the people she cares about die and it was so sad! If I were her I would have broke down crying right away. I do have to say that I don't think the actress for the movie is a good fit. I don't think she'll be very good.

Four
I have another book boyfriend. He was strong, but he was also very caring and loved Tris. I had a feeling that he was Tobias, and when we found out that he was, I felt so smart.

Caleb
I thought that it was kind of weird that he was her older brother and they were like only 9 months apart. It's also weird because the actor who plays him in the movie was the boyfriend of the actress in that movie who plays Tris in this movie.

Christina
I really hope that she didn't die because she became Tris' best friend. I know that her boyfriend dies that that was so sad because they cared about each other so much.

Albert
He was like the really awkward guy friend that wants to get out of the friend zone. I was sad when he died though. It's so sad to think that he killed himself.

Drew
He was the douchebag that hated Tris. He and a couple other guys attack her and try to kill her. I was hoping that he would die.

Tris' Parents
It was so sad that they died! If they were supposed to die could they have waited til the second book. Please?

Overall, this book was a rollercoaster of feels and I can't wait to get back on it when I read the next book! In my psych class we learned about divergent and convergent thinking and I had a little fan girl moment in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment