Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Princess of Glass (Princess, #2)" by Jessica Day George

Princess of Glass (Princess #2)4 out of 5 stars

Read January 3 to 25, 2013

Pages: 257
Published: May 25, 2010
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens

I was really excited that there was a sequel to Princess of the Midnight Ball. I loved that book so much and I was really sad because I didn't think that there were any other books. Turns out I was wrong! I had really high hopes for this book! It wasn't as good as the first book, but it was still pretty good. I thought that it was a great retelling of Cinderella.

Poppy is sent to another kingdom where her father hopes that she will find a husband. There, she meets Eleanor, a maid at the house. Eleanor, with help from the Corley, an evil witch, she essentially becomes Cinderella. She wears glass slippers and beautiful gowns and gets to go to balls. She catches to eye of Christian, a prince, who was interested in Poppy. Christian becomes obsessed with Eleanor and forgets about Poppy. Poppy then has to save him from Eleanor and the magic she is using.

Poppy
She was strong just like her sister Rose in the previous book. Although she is interested in Christian, she helps save him for his safety.

Christian
I liked him at first, but then he became an idiot. He became so obsessed with Eleanor and she was all he could think about. Christian's just lucky that Poppy would still take him.

Eleanor(a)/Ella
She was from a noble family, but had to become a maid when her parents died. She was born Eleanora but went by Eleanor as a maid. When she went to the balls, she went by Ella, hoping that no one would recognize her. For no reason, she hates Poppy. I have no clue why, but she hates her so much. She was also a whiny brat.

Marianne
She was a great best friend to Poppy. She believed what Poppy had to say and didn't call her crazy. She wanted to help save Christian.

The Corley
I guess she's like the Fairy Godmother, but the evil version. I guess it's good that I hated her!

Overall, this was a good sequel and it continues the story of the princesses and is another retelling of a fairy tale. I can't wait to read the third book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment