Friday, March 28, 2014

"Legacy of the Clockwork Key (The Secret Order, #1)" by Kristin Bailey

Legacy of the Clockwork Key"Legacy of the Clockwork Key (The Secret Order, #1)" by Kristin Bailey

Website ~ Blog ~ Twitter  ~ Facebook ~ Tumblr

Published: March 5, 2013
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Steampunk
Pages: 416
Format: ebook
Source: pulseit
Read April 5 to 7, 2013


GoodReads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble





A teen girl unravels the mysteries of a secret society and their most dangerous invention in this adventure-swept romance set in Victorian London.
When a fire consumes Meg’s home, killing her parents and destroying both her fortune and her future, all she has left is the tarnished pocket watch she rescued from the ashes. But this is no ordinary timepiece. The clock turns out to be a mechanical key; a key that only Meg can use; which unlocks a series of deadly secrets and intricate clues that Meg has no choice but to follow.
She has uncovered evidence of an elite secret society and a dangerous invention that some will stop at nothing to protect, and that Meg alone can destroy. Together with the handsome stable hand she barely knows but hopes she can trust, Meg is swept into a hidden world of deception, betrayal, and revenge. The clockwork key has unlocked her destiny in this captivating start to a trilogy.




I also read this book for free on Pulseit. This was the first book that I read that I was aware was steampunk. I've read Pullman's His Dark Materials series. And after reading this book, I became obsessed with steampunk. Since reading this book, I have read at least a dozen steampunk books and I am never looking back.
















After Meg's mansion is set on fire, her family and the wealthy life she once had are gone. She has nothing left. With no money left to her name, she must become a servant. The house she now works on is definitely strange. She has no one to talk to and the house seems off. She learns that there's a stable boy, Will, and has him look at her necklace. The thing is, it isn't a necklace. It's a key.
When Meg is fired from the house by the owner, she searches for answers. With Will to help her, they travel across the United Kingdom, desperate to find the truth.

I felt bad for Meg. She lost her family and everything she had. She was lonely. She wanted someone to talk to. Then she meets Will and it's annoyance at first sight. They can't stand each other. But they only have each other to talk to. I felt bad for Will, too. He was also lonely.

I read this book a while ago, so I'm not sure what else to say...


Meg
I thought she was great. I mean she was lonely, but she just wanted to interact with someone. She went through so much during this book, she loses everything and then she has the chance to undo everything that happened, but then she never would have met Will.


Will
I love me some snarky British boys. I can't help myself. It's one of my weaknesses. I just want him to be happy, too. He and Meg MUST be together. It just HAS to happen!!!


Overall, this book was great. Because of this, I now love and am obsessed with steampunk. I can't wait to read the next book! I have such high hopes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment