Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Challenge: TBR Smash Challenge


 
This challenge is hosted by Ashana Lian.

 
TBR = To Be Read. The "TBR Pile" rfers to every book you've looked at and thought "I must/should/will/need to/get around to reading that." Which is why it never ends.

 
Rules:
  • You can start anytime, hut the challenge ends on December 31, 2015.
  • Track your progress on a blog or other social medial, ex. Goodreads.
  • It has to be a book that has been sitting around, ideally for moer that a month, therefore
  • Books published in 2015 DO NOT COUNT.
  • Any book, any genre, and length, includes ebooks, mangas, and comics.
  • Your goal: 15. I'm sure you'll want to read new books too. f you're mainly reading your TBR's this year, go for the gold! (Supreme 'Smashed It' Trophy: 40 books.)
  • Anyone can enter but to validate your challenge, you must write the Entry post.

 
Trophies:
TBR Smash doesn't have levels like other challenges, instead it has trophies. All those taking part, try to aim for 15! If you have the time/motivation, aim higher. Don't forget to leave a comment when you reach a goal!
  • 5 books: Managed It
  • 10 books: Tackled It
  • 15 books: Wrecked It
  • 25 books: Dismantled It!
  • 40 books: SMASHED IT!

 
What Do I Do Now?
  • Write an Entry post to declare your participation and list the first five books you'll tackle from the pile. Make yourself excited for it!
  • Grab the TBR Smash banner to put in your Entry post, and link back to the blog: Ashana Lian: A Fantasy Writer's Blog.
  • When your Entry post goes live/is posted, put the TBR Smash button in your blog's sidebar or footer.

 
Books I Plan to Read:
  1. "Ice" by Sarah Beth Durst
  2. "Cruel Beauty" by Rosamund Hodge
  3. "Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)" by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  4. "Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)" by Robin LaFevers
  5. "Origin (The Lux, #4)" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

 
Books I Have Read:
  1. "Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)" by Susan Dennard
  2. "City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)" by Cassandra Clare
  3. "Awaken (Abandon Trilogy, #3)" by Meg Cabot
  4. "Snakeroot (Nightshade Legacy, #1)" by Andrea Cremer
  5. "Cruel Beauty" by Rosamund Hodge
  6. "Ice" by Sarah Beth Durst
  7. "Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)" by Jennifer L. Armentrout
  8. "Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)" by Maggie Stiefvater

 

 What books do you plan to read?

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I might start this next month since I have a thousand books in my TBR pile lol Great post :D

    Cristian @ http://thebookishgod.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to thank Ashana for making this challenge! I hope that it will encourage me to read a lot!

      Delete
    2. Great post! I'm pleased you decided to join, Lizzie - and Cristian, you're welcome to start any time until the end of this year. The more the merrier!

      I immediately noticed Grave Mercy - I've been meaning to read that for at least a year. I was checking my TBR list the other day, and the books right at the start have been on the list for three years or more! Man, the TBR is killin' me.

      One last thing, I can't remember if I mentioned or not but there's also a TBR Smash Goodreads Group, < link here. I'm not on it so much at the mo because of starting a new job, but the other members have just begun the first TBR Group Read.

      Delete
    3. Gravy Mercy is pretty good, I finished it recently! I have so many books on my TBR list that it's so overwhelming! I just joined the group now, thanks for the reminder!

      Delete