Sunday, March 8, 2015

"Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)" by Marissa Meyer

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)"Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)" by Marissa Meyer


Published: February 4, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 550
Format: Hardcover
Source: Library
Read February 6 to 10, 2014





In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.





After Finishing the Book:
Fuck. I need the next one.

Of course, just like all of Marissa Meyer's other books, this one was incredibly amazing!

I just have to discuss how much I love Cress. She's super smart, great with computers, and really awkward around people. But then again, that's what's going to happen when you've been locked in a satellite for a good chunk of your life. I also have to say that she's just like us, a huge fangirl.



She's obsessed with Carswell Thorne (aren't we all). And she's pretty much totally in love with him.


I think we've all had that feeling about some celebrity/character/someone totally not real or obtainable.

Because of this, I felt that she was super relatable. And she was just super adorable.

After making contact with Cinder and everyone on the ship, she convinces them, mainly Thorne, to come to her satellite and rescue her. However, the plan goes awry and Thorne and Cress aren't able to make it on the ship and crash into the middle of the Sahara desert. They must find a way to get back to the group, although there are many people who try to stop them.

I just loved the relationship between Cress and Thorne. She was totally in love with him and Thorne was just thinking about how she's probably pretty weird after being stuck in a satellite all alone for years. And, of course, Thorne was still incredibly funny. He was always able to lift the mood somehow!

Cinder, Scarlet, and Wolf get separated, and then Cinder has to deal with a depressed Wolf. I just wanted to smack him and tell him to get his shit together.


Crying won't bring Scarlet back. Actually doing something will.

Speaking of hitting, I wanted to hit Kai as well. He needs to get over the fact that Cinder is a Lunar and a cyborg and just accept the fact that he loves her. That's all that matters, honey!!

I also loved meeting Winter. I can't wait to read her story because she seems just so complex.

There was just so much that happened in this book and I want to say everything, but I don't want to ruin it for people that haven't read it. However, I will say that it was a rollercoaster of motions that kept me at the edge of my seat for the entire ride!


I predicted all of the stuff about Cress, but I didn't realize how emotional it would be! GAH!

Cress
Super awkward and adorable!

Thorne
Still incredibly smooth.

Cinder
Still kick ass!

Scarlet
Lots of emotions!

Wolf
Get it together!

Kai
Stop being so stupid!

Overall, still amazing! This series is so amazing and I love it so much and I just can't handle it! I need Winter NOW!!!!


4 comments:

  1. I especially love it when Cress dreams/pretends when she's with Thorne. :) Great review. I'm a huge fan of this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her crazy imagination! Thanks for visiting! I really want Fairest and Winter!

      Delete
  2. Omg, that Winter chapter gave me the chills!!!! At first I was like, umm, wth, this girl is super weird. Then she said the thing about not using her powers and that's why she's losing her mind and I was like omgggg I'm such a bad person for judging her!!!

    I lovveed Cress and how she got so happy about things like trees and mountains. (: And Thorne, sighh, love him!! (: Awesome review, Lizzie!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super creepy but I felt so bad for Winter! Cress was so funny when she got so excited about the smallest things, like shoes! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete