Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #17


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week is all about the top ten books that we don't think we'll read.
 
This was actually kind of sad to do. I LOVE books, and to focus on books that we don't think we'll read is pretty sad.
 
10.
My Sister's Keeper
"My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult
I don't want to willingly read a book that will make me cry. And I cried during the movie.
 
9.
Paper Towns
"Paper Towns" by John Green
My best friend said it had a bad ending, and I'm not a contemporary person.
 
8.
Blank 133x176
"Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)" by Cassandra Clare
One of the spin-offs of TMI.
 
7.
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
"A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)" by George R.R. Martin
These books are SOOO long, and the names are so hard to pronounce. I don't have HBO or Netflix so I don't know how the show is.
 
6.
Halo (Halo, #1)
"Halo (Halo, #1)" by Alexandra Adornetto
I've seen A LOT of negative reviews from the reviewers that I think highly of. And I trust their opinions. Plus if your seeing a lot of negative reviews in general...
 
5.
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)
"Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)" by Becca Fitzpatrick
Another angel book with bad reviews. I've heard that it's pretty much an abusive relationship, and I'm not into that kind of shit.
 
4.
Blank 133x176
"Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1)" by Cassandra Clare
Another spin-off of TMI series.
 
3.
The Notebook (The Notebook, #1)
"The Notebook" by Nicolas Sparks
Another book that would make me cry. And from what I remember from the movie, Allie has Alzheimer's or something and that just hits really close to home.
 
2.
The Fault in Our Stars
"The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green
Why would I read a book that will likely make me cry? Plus I'm not a huge contemporary fan and I feel like it's over-hyped.
 
1.
The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)
"The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)" by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
Total Harry Potter rip-off. Besides, I'm not a huge fan of Cassandra Clare.
 

I'm ready for all the hate I know I'll get for not liking CC. I just don't like her books and feel like they go on forever.
This top ten was kind of hard to do because I usually don't think about these books or consider the books that I don't plan to read. Pretty sad Tuesday.

19 comments:

  1. Yeah I heard mixed things on Halo too. Though I did like Hush, Hush. Can't really remember what might have been abusive about the relationship. I don't recall any direct abuse.

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've head that it's abusive in the fact that it's controlling.

      Delete
  2. OMG, I absolutely hated the movie version of The Notebook! There is no chance I will ever touch the book! I guess it's a sad story, but silly to me in the end. My grandparents had a similar experience when my grandmother got dementia (without the notebook part) so maybe the story hit too close to home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know people who have loved it, but it just doesn't seem like my kind of book.

      Delete
  3. I love My Sister's Keepe but I can understand why you might be hesitant to read it, I will say that the book is so much better than movie. TFIOS sucks, you're better off not reading it. I don't think I'll ever read Game of Thrones either.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a contemporary person at all.

      Delete
  4. I don't hate you for not liking Cassandra Clare. I like her, but I do think some of her books have been created purely for financial benefits... the plots are very similar! The Infernal Devices series is worth a read though.
    Beth x
    www.thequietpeople.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that people like TID if they don't like TMI.

      Delete
  5. OMG. I once tried to listen to the Game of Thrones audiobook and I was so lost after the first thirty minutes that I completely gave up. I agree with most of your choices this week though! I do have Hush, Hush and plan to read it at some point, but I wasn't around when it came out so I never saw all of the reviews.

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have A Game of Thrones in my shelf but I'm really hesitating on reading it. it's so thick I don't even know if I'll finish it if I start it.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the books are over 1000 pages long!!!

      Delete
  7. I completely agree with you about The Iron Trial. I've read it, and unfortunately it is VERY Harry Potter :( I was under the impression that it was YA, but the writing style felt very middle grade. And YAY, someone else that doesn't want to read The Fault in Our Stars! I thought I was alone =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not interested in reading a rip-off. So many people love TFIOS, but I just don't want to read it.

      Delete
  8. Lol! Alot of people said Paper Towns. I agree about not wanting to read a book that will be a sobfest. Sometimes it's good, but I mean.. like with TFIOS.. cancer? Sigh. That's just too sad for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to read a book to make me cry.

      Delete
  9. Good thinking... Why DO I read books that make me cry? I was so skeptical towards The Fault in Our Stars and I thought the cancer thing was gonna hit too close to my heart. I actually had to ask a friend of mine who had read it who was going to die before reading it (because it's bound to be someone right? If it makes so many people cry) so that it wouldn't come as a shock and break my heart. Wasn't a good book though, I thought.

    <a href="http://cucie-reads.blogspot.no/> Cucie @ Cucie reads </a>.

    ReplyDelete