Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #13


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.
 
This meme highlights upcoming releases that we can't wait for!
 
This weeks pick...
The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)
"The Vanishing Throne (The Falconer, #2)" by Elizabeth May
Expected Publication: November 19, 2015
 
My name is Lady Aileana Kameron.
First the fae murdered my mother. Then they destroyed my world.
Now I’m fighting for more than revenge.
Aileana took a stand against the Wild Hunt, and she lost everything: her home, her family and her friends. Held captive by her enemy, and tormenting herself over her failure, escape seems like only the faintest possibility. But when she gets her chance, she seizes it . . . to rejoin a world devastated by war.
The future is bleak. Hunted by the fae, running for her life, Aileana has only a few options left. Trying to become part of a society scarred by – and hiding from – the Wild Hunt; trusting that a fragile alliance with the fae will save her; or walking the most dangerous path at all: coming in to her own powers as the last of the Falconers . . .
 
The ending of The Falconer had me almost in tears! That cliffhanger! I need this book so badly! Can the publication date be pushed up a day so it's on my birthday? Please? Pretty please?! I should also add that this is the UK cover, so we still have to wait and see what the US one looks like!
 
Author Links
 
Book Links


7 comments:

  1. Not my kind of book (I'm still dipping my toes into YA fantasy), but thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy it as much as you did the first book!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I primarily read YA fantasy, so this is my kind of book.

      Delete
  2. I NEED to read the Falconer soon! I've had it on my to-read list forever, and I never get around to getting my hands on a copy. I'm glad you mentioned the cliffhanger at the end though! I'm thinking I should wait closer to November, and read both books back-to-back :D Hope you love it when you read it, and thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally wait so that you're not an anxious mess like me!

      Delete
  3. Nice! Haven't read this series but love that cover! It's totally awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i haven't heard of this book, but I do hope you enjoy it :) It seems like something I would like. <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete