Monday, October 19, 2015

S.F.D. Mission ~ Open Letter to Jessica Cluess, author of A Shadow Bright and Burning

Displaying sassy's fangirl debut.png 

If you missed my earlier post about the S.F.D., here is a recap: we're a group of high specialized secret agents who work to destroy peoples' TBRs by added some amazing books by debuts authors and spread the word about these fantastic authors! For our first Sassy's Fangirl Debuts mission, we are all writing an open letter to a debut author! I have been assigned to write a letter to Jessica Cluess.

Dear Jessica (is it OK if I refer to you by your first name?),

When I first heard about your book, the first thing I thought was, "Can I get this NOW?!?!" I was immediately drawn in by the synopsis. There are so many reasons, so let me list them:

1. Victorian London
I am OBSESSED with London and the UK. I got to go on a trip across the UK a few years ago and got to spend a week in London. Needless to say, I flailed the entire time and it was such a great experience. I've always wanted to go there since I first learned about the UK at a young age, and would love to go back. So of course this book will be an amazing fix!

2. Magic
I love pretty much ANY book that has magic. The idea that there is some amazing power that we could possibly have has always excited me. Who wouldn't want to have some sort of magic powers flowing through their body?!

3. Female Human Torch
When I saw The Fantastic Four years ago, I was fascinated by the Human Torch. It didn't hurt that Chris Evans, and now Michael B. Jordan, was pretty attractive. But wouldn't it be so cool if you could burst into flames and not burn yourself or your clothes? You could just singe a person a little if they were getting on your nerves. That would stop them from bothering you anymore!

4. Girl Surrounded by a Bunch of Boys
It has nothing to do with there being plenty of potential romantic interests, but the fact that she can prove that she's just as good as them and can kick their butts easily! She can prove that girls can be better than the boys!

5. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman is a Favorite of Yours
I LOVED that series when I read it back in middle school. It has such amazing worlds, characters, and creatures! It's a series that EVERYONE should read!

6. You'd Go Trick-or-Treating with the Darkling (From #FAC16 Chat)
If the Darkling's involved, I'm so there. I'll admit that I have a huge book crush on him. I always fall for the evil ones. Oh well! A girl can dream... But he would totally help you get all the candy you wanted!

I have plenty of other reasons, but even with all of them, I don't think I can adequately express my excitement for your book! It sounds so fantastic and I know it will be! I can't wait to get my hands on it!
 
The Author
Jessica Cluess

Jessica Cluess is the author of the upcoming book A Shadow Bright and Burning, set to be released August 30th 2016 by Random House BFYR.

Follow on Twitter







The Book
Blank 133x176 



Date: August 30, 2016
Publisher: Random House BFYR

Does the Chosen One have a choice?

Henrietta Howel can burst into flames. Forced to reveal her power to save a friend, she's shocked when instead of being executed, she's named the first female sorcerer in hundreds of years and invited to train as one of Her Majesty's royal sorcerers.

Thrust into the glamour of Victorian London, Henrietta is declared the prophesied one, the girl who will defeat the Ancients, bloodthirsty demons terrorizing humanity. She also meets her fellow sorcerer trainees, handsome young men eager to test her power and her heart. One will challenge her. One will fight for her. One will betray her.

But Henrietta doubts that she's the chosen one. As she plays a dangerous game of deception, she discovers that the sorcerers have their own secrets to protect. With battle looming, how much will she risk to save the city--and the one she loves?

Exhilarating and gripping, Jessica Cluess's spellbinding fantasy introduces Henrietta Howel, a powerful, unforgettable heroine, and an entertaining world filled with magic, monsters, and mayhem.
Add it on Goodreads!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment