Monday, November 2, 2015

S.F.D. Mission ~ Open Letter to Jenny Moyer, author of Flashfall

Displaying Jenny Moyer.png
 
If you missed my earlier post about the S.F.D., here is a recap: we're a group of high specialized secret agents who work to destroy peoples' TBRs by added some amazing books by debuts authors and spread the word about these fantastic authors! For our first Sassy's Fangirl Debuts mission, we are all writing an open letter to a debut author! I have been assigned to write a letter to Jenny Moyer.  

Dear Jenny (if it's OK by you to call you by your first name),
 
When I first heard about your book, the first thing I thought was, "Why haven't I heard about this sooner!?" Rye's story of survival sounds so exciting, especially since it's life and death. I know that when I read it, I'll be sitting at the edge of my seat, turning the pages quickly. I'll be desperate to know what happens next.

I can't wait to see what all of these creatures will look like! I feel that if they've been altered, then must look at least a little weird and creepy, or so I hope! I LOVE weird, creepy things!

I'm also excited to see how Rye and Dram work together. It has to be a little stressful being in the environment that they're in, so I wonder how well they'll be able to handle their strange surroundings.

I checked out your Pinterest board, and I LOVE the Aurora Borealis pictures. They're stunning! I can't wait to see them in the book. And I love the clothing pictures. I know they're supposed to look a little dirtier, but I love the style. I also have to add that your Steampunk board is super cool, as I'm obsessed with Steampunk. I can't wait to explore your other boards.
 

Flashfall doesn't have a cover yet, but I'm really excited to see what it will be! I'm hoping it has some of the Northern Lights on it! I'm eagerly anticipating your book. Can 2016 come faster?!?

The Author
Jenny Moyer
Jenny studied writing at Seattle Pacific University, and has written and voiced national commercial spots. She co-owns Luminary Creative with her filmmaker husband, Jacob. They have lived all over the U.S., and currently call Des Moines home.
She keeps busy with her three boys—who are steadily growing taller than her--and her three pound dog (who stays small, and mostly just sits on her legs while she types.)
One of Jenny’s dreams came true the day Sarah Davies invited her to join her list of talented authors at Greenhouse Literary. Now when she sips lattes at coffee shops and daydreams, she can call it ‘work.’
Writing young adult fiction is her passion, and she can’t wait to share Orion and Dram and flash bats with the world through her debut novel, FLASHFALL (Henry Holt/Macmillan, 2016)

Find Her
 https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/book/blank-133x176-8b769f39ba6687a82d2eef30bdf46977.jpg




In the desolation of the flash curtain, 16-year-old Orion mines the tunnels for the cirium that will buy her passage to the protected city. But just as she and her partner, Dram, uncover enough ore to finally earn freedom from Outpost Five, they’re sent to the underbelly of tunnel nine, where the flash curtain’s altered creatures thrive. In order to fight her way out, Rye must question everything she thought she knew about life on both sides of the cirium shield. When her fellow Subpars get caught up in her rebellion, she’s forced beyond the boundaries of their camp, where death is a promise in the burning sand. And now survival means more than ever to Orion, for she and Dram carry with them a powerful secret. One that could set everyone free, if the curtain doesn’t claim them first.
Add it on Goodreads!

Agents
 

No comments:

Post a Comment