Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #48: Songs That I Wish Were Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
 
This Week's Topic: 

Top Ten Songs That I Wish Were Books
 
This topic was kind of hard for me, especially when coming up with a reason as to why I wanted it to be a book. So I pretty much just chose songs that I really like or that have provided inspiration while writing. 

1.
"Born to Die" by Lana Del Rey
It's so beautiful and tragic, and I can imagine a story about two young people in love having an unhappy ending (just like in the video).
 
2.
"Figure 8" by Ellie Goulding
When I hear this song I imagine a relationship where things have fallen apart, but one of the people doesn't want to give up and keeps running in circles trying to make the other happy, and it makes me wonder what happened for the relationship to get to this point.

3.
"Control" by Halsey
I love how creepy this song is, and it just makes me think of someone who's dealing with a lot of inner turmoil and is trying to figure out if they really have control over themselves.

4.
"Mad Hatter" by Melanie Martinez 
Because of the name I obviously think of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland. It's so creepy and twisted and I love it.
 
5.
"Teen Idle" by Marina and the Diamonds
I love literally every song by her, but this one is surprisingly dark when compared to some of her other stuff. It just is about how things aren't always as great as they seem.  

 6.
"Cool for the Summer" by Demi Lovato
The first time I heard this song, I immediately thought of a story idea. I haven't started it yet, but I'm obsessed with this song.  

7.
"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" by Lorde
I know this song was used for one of The Hunger Games movies, but I just love it so much. All I can think about is a really creepy dystopian world.  

8.
"Runaway" by Ryn Weaver
I don't like the first minute or so of this song, as I feel like it doesn't connect to the rest, but this song gives an animalistic, predatory vibe during the rest of it and I can think of some creepy villain or antihero that would go well with this song.  

 9.
"White Coats" by Foxes
I love this song, but it's hard for me to explain. I get the feeling of betrayal, like someone trusted a person close to them, but that person turned on them while they were trying to create the life they wanted. I don't know how to describe it, but her voice is beautiful.  

10.
"Kill My Boyfriend" by Natalia Kills
This song is so cheery for being about killing a boyfriend. Why is she so cheery? Why does she want to kill him? What is the story? Hmmm...  

 Like I said, this topic was kind of challenging, but I just tried to make it work!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment