Monday, August 7, 2017

#TheReadingQuest Sign Up

The Reading Quest Sign Up Post

#TheReadingQuest is hosted by Aentee at Read at Midnight. Artwork is by CW at Read, Think, Ponder.
 
For complete instructions, go to Aentee's blog, but here are the basics:
  • The basic mechanics of the reading challenge is simple: it’s based on a bingo board (termed The Quest Board for our purposes), each square on the board represents a stage (or reading prompt) you must complete. There is one crucial variation, the path you take on the bingo board is entirely dependent on your chosen Character Class.
  • Along with the separate Character Class quest levels (Purple Squares), the centre of the Quest Board is a conglomeration of Side Quests (Blue Squares)! Complete these challenges to earn extra points and bonus experience for your character.

Reading Quest Board
 
Basically, the point of the readathon is to read books that fit these video game style quests, especially those by marginalized authors.
 
So here's my character card! I chose Mage because I love magic and mythology.
 
 
And here are the books I plan to read! Depending on whether or not I get them in time from the library (I'll be out of town at the beginning of the readathon), it may change. I also made a spreadsheet (I love spreadsheets) to keep track of my books and points!
 
Character Quests:
  • A Book with a One Word Title-Riders by Veronica Rossi
  • A Book that Contains Magic-A Shadow Bright and Burning by Jessica Cluess
  • A Book Based on Mythology-The Dark Wife by Sarah Diemers
  • A Book Set in a Different World-Serpentine by Cindy Pon
  • The First Book of a Series-Want by Cindy Pon
 
Side Quests:
  • Potions-Shiny Broken Pieces by Dhonielle Clayton and Sona Charaipotra
  • Time Warp-The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May
  • Grind-Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
 
I'd like to read more books than these. My goal is to finish two characters and complete four side quests.
 
Let me know what you think of these books and if you have any suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment